Questions to Ask Your Insurance Company Before the First Visit
On the back of your insurance card is a phone number for “Mental Health” or “Behavioral Health” Benefits. Please call and ask the following questions:
- Is Nicole DeRobertis, LCSW listed as a provider (“in-network”) under your insurance plan?
- If not, does your plan offer “out of network” benefits?
- Is “pre-authorization” required to obtain benefits? If so, please ask for and bring the “authorization number” with you to the first appointment
- Do you have a “deductible” that needs to be satisfied before insurance benefits begin?
- If your deductible is satisfied, what is your “copay” for mental/behavioral health services?
- Some plans require “reauthorization” by your mental health provider after a certain number of visits-usually 10 to 20 visits. Please check to see if your plan has such a requirement.